Foodie Pen Pals!!
This month was my first month participating in Foodie Pen Pals, and it was so fun!
Here is some info about Foodie Pen Pals if you’re not familiar with it:
You sign up by emailing Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean and you are then paired with a pen pal to send things to, as well as a pen pal to receive from (these are two separate people). Then, you contact the person you are sending things to and ask about what types of foods they enjoy or dislike to get an idea of what to send. Then comes the fun part! Select your goodies, and mail them so they arrive by the 15th of the month. I found it was easiest to mail using a flat rate box. You post what you received on the last day of the month!
If you’re interested in participating for December, email Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 4th to be included for December. In the email please include:
-your full name
-your email address
-your blog name (if applicable)
So without further ado, I can’t wait to share the fun goodies I received this month!
I received a package from Kimberly at Badger Girl Learns to Cook, and she sent me some great stuff!
It was so fun to open my package and discover each thing. It was even more fun to taste things over the following several days.
Here is what was inside:
All the goodies! The best part was that everything is related to Wisconsin in some way. I loved reading the information about each product.
Delicious Cranberry Horseradish Mustard
Wonderful handmade salted caramels
Yummy pretzel sticks for the mustard
Gingerbread cookies in the shape of Wisconsin and cows!
Even the card was tied into the Wisconsin theme
See – a cow! 🙂
Isn’t it her ribbon wrapping so thoughtful?
It was so funny because I told Kimberly I don’t like cranberry flavor very much, and she sent me the cranberry mustard in an effort to change my mind. Well, I should have told her that I like fresh cranberries or when they are in other things, so I was actually excited to try the mustard. I LOVE hot mustards and this one did not disappoint. It is awesome! Slightly hot, slightly sweet, and a nice tang. I need more pretzels so I can eat it again soon.
I also especially loved the caramels. I even liked the gingerbread, which I also don’t normally care for. I haven’t tried the cherries yet, but they look delicious.
Thank you so much Kimberly! I really enjoyed my taste of Wisconsin and your notes about each product.
Here is a list of everyone else that participated this month if you want to check out the other posts! (I borrowed this list from Laura at Becoming the Odd Duck – thanks girl!)
- Hannah at Sirenical
- Elizabeth at On Tap For Today
- Kimberly at Sunny State of Mind
- Samantha at Running and Cupcakes
- Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean
- Kayla at Sprouty Buns
- Sarah at The Smart Kitchen
- Carissa at Fit2Flex
- Jordan at Food, Sweat, and Beers
- Diana at Veggie Next Door
- Holly at Yep I Ate That
- Lisa at The Healthy Diaries
- Abby at Abz ‘n’ Oats
- Lindsay at Biking Before Bed
- Alexandria at Eat Well Run Well
- Alexis at Fit-Possible
- Hannah at Hannah Violin
- Cynthia at It All Changes
- Katie at Nutrition in a Peanut Shell
- Molly at Healthy Hungry Runner
- Lindsay at Learning to Cook and Enjoy Delicious Food
- Alex at Yums & Loves
- Rachel at Travel Challenge
- Erin at Creative Soul in Motion
- Sarah at Sarah Snacks
- Nicole at Nicole on a Mission
- Sarah at Sarah Learns
- Megan at Running Foodie
- Caitlin at Cait Plus Ate
- Laura at Sprint 2 the Table
- Jaima at Jaimas Journey
- Tara at A Daily Dose of Fit
- Lisa at Experience Life With Me
- Laura at Becoming the Odd Duck
- Kristen at Mind Your Birds and Trees
- Brittany at Go The Xtra Mile
- Kimberly at Badger Girls Loves to Cook
- Megan at Eat My Beets
- Rachel at The Avid Appetite
- Mercedes at Satisfy My Sweet Tooth
- Keri at Mrs. RAWnk
- Emily at As Dreams Become Reality
Q: What are some unique items I could include for my next Foodie PenPal?